I am watching fireworks from a distance up in the hills of Makakilo City or, Kapolei, where ever the hell I am.
Finals week have been over for a couple of weeks now. I fucking love my friends for staying with me the whole day/night/morning before my flight.
Wednesday the 9th was the day of my LAST final of that week since I took most of them earlier because I was moving to (as my moke niece makes me call it) the rock. After my final I stopped by work to say what's up to my former co-workers. Sad days... Talked story with Cassandra in concessions, said goodbye to Eugene, then talked with Armondo in box about lips and other things.
I went to Valley Fair to rock my hair one last time before I had to cover it forever, well, until school starts... In like 3 weeks.
After chilling at the mall for no reason at all. OH YEAH, I went to go Christmas shopping but ended up with nothing! After that I went home to "pack" my life into a suitcase. I just remembered that I still have an unwashed pair of boxers and a shirt I like to run in in my hamper. Oops.
I couldn't do it, I was pressured by my friend Paulina to PACK ALREADY because I had a "friends dinner" to go to. Boo, I thought that packing was more important since I was moving out of state; however, it would be my last chance to chill with friends for my friends 21st, you know?
My friend Ana called me to tell me that she was around my neighborhood so then I stopped packing... We went to the restaurant meeting up with everyone else and get a call saying no one was there!? Me and Ana stand there and I was just thinking, "WTF!" Paulina pops her head out of the upstairs of the restaurant (we actually heard her earlier HAHAHA) and so we started walking up.
Once we head to the second floor, Paulina picks me up and carries me to the table where no one is and once we get there, I see friends squatted down looking at me. I'm just like "WTF!?" and they all say, I think it was in the lines of, "SURPRISE!". What? What the hell? NO! No ways!?
It was a fucking surprise party for me! Really? For Me? Marc J. Malate? Me Marc?
HAHA, They hella got me. Who knew they wanted to throw a surprise going away party for me!?
I hated them for keeping this a secret for THREE months! They planned this since the quarter started 'cause I helped them plan! HAHAHA.
It started to come to me, all these little things that could have triggered my brain but didn't. My christmas list was actually a list for my friends to pick stuff out for me specifically for that day! I love them, all who showed up, those who couldn't make it but sent me messages via word or text. I love all of you guys.
We were only school friends (since high school) but got closer this summer. Our late nights out, slut park, being the drunk bitch of a couple parties, jack in the crack, free movies, yogurt land, carpooling, driving in the night. Going out practically everyday to make it worth it last quarter. To Vallco for movies, or Valley Fair for food. Picking you guys up for school and being late almost everyday. I fucking miss it.
Anyways, after that we all went to my house to pack up whatever else I needed to pack up. Didn't do much, just chilled... Got everything packed up, my mom met my friends and then we all went to Johnny's place. I had NO idea what the hell we were going to do. We all just ended up sleeping on the bed and couch, or was it a futon? I don't know, I just remember Lester not being in the room anymore for some reason. I have no idea when he snuck off to go home... LMAO, I slept on both sides of Paulina that night watching cartoon network, that late night cartoon shows I miss so much. Aqua Teen, et cetera.
Johnny wakes up at like 6AM, and I'm all, "oh shit!" So we all got everything and went to the car to drop me off.
I remember the guy on the radio saying something like, "Today will be in the high 50's" and my friends being all, WTH? Hella cold and shit. But that's what I would say, I forget what they said.
We park and all go to where I check in my bag, my luggage was 49 pounds! Oh shat, one pound under. If it was over I would have paid like $50.00! But I paid $20.00. I thought that shit was free, wth!?
Then we all go up and stand there for a good, I wanna say 10 minutes. It felt like forever though. We talked, said our goodbyes and hugged each other. I hugged Jessica first and started crying, hearing Mychael in the back saying, "He is not crying!..." Then Paulina, cried a little more. Then Johnny and then Mychael's big bear hug as Paulina likes to call it! Then I made us all do a group hug. I walk to the metal detecters, stripping off my clothes leaving me in jeans and a wife beater (or as my friend who I was talking to then calls it a tank top) and wave to my friends secretly being scared that I was going to alarm the detecters. I did! But it wasn't the reason why, I had my wallet and cellular phone in my back pockets. Oops!
I walk again hoping it was not going to BEEP. I walked through without a sound. I was happy that they didn't have to... well, I would have not cared.
I actually got stopped again for having a Bawls bottle on me, my bad, I meant to throw that away earlier.
I walk to the terminal or whatever, and just chill for a couple of hours finding out that our flight would be delayed and hour but ending up only to be delayed for like 20 minutes.
Well, I'm getting kind of tired and it's only 0940. I'll write more when I get the chance. Happy early Christmas to whoever is reading this. Or as they say over here, "Mele Kalikimaka!"

No comments:
Post a Comment